Thursday, March 20, 2014

What to Listen to...?

I know I'm not alone in the fact that I need to be listening to something while I work. This of course raises the question "what to listen to...?"

For me it is frequently changing and is usually dependent on my tastes for the week. I've gone from music to audiobooks and back but every so often I like to throw in the occasional podcast. There are hundreds of podcasts out there but today I want to direct you guys to one in particular.


SiDEBAR is a comics, art and pop culture podcast that can be found here. This podcast is just fantastic. It's hosted by some great guys and they've had some fantastic guests. Everyone involved is very down to earth and they all just love to talk about ART. I've heard some amazing stories from these interviews and picked up some great tips on the illustration business and on life as an artist in general.


They have an extensive archive (the BARchives) and all of their shows can be found there. I strongly recommend that you go browse and listen to some.

Below are just a couple (several) of my favorites...

George Pratt (part 1)
George Pratt (part 2)

Greg Manchess

Iain McCaig

Brom

James Remar

Drew Struzan

Irene Gallo

James Gurney

Phil Hale

John Van Fleet

Jeff Preston

Justin 'Coro' Kaufman

Brad Rigney

No comments:

Post a Comment